Aker Provides Drilling Equipment for Noble's Brazilian Drillships
Aker Solutions has been selected to provide a comprehensive package of drilling equipment, including derrick and pipe-handling components, for use in upgrades planned for Noble Corporation's three Brazil-based drillships. The contract value is approximately NOK 82 million.
The components are expected to be delivered and installed as part of previously announced reliability upgrades of the vessels Noble Leo Segerius, the Noble Roger Eason and the Noble Murvalenko. First equipment deliveries are scheduled for early 2010.
"We are very pleased that Noble has awarded us this contract to provide drilling equipment for these three vessels and consider this a breakthrough in our business relationship with Noble. We have worked long and hard to win this contract and we look forward to co-operating closely with Noble in the future," said Phillip Agnew, President of Aker Solutions' Drilling Equipment business stream, in the USA.
The contract party is Aker MH Inc in Katy, Texas.
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)