StatoilHydro to Drill in North Sea's Block 34/10
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Deepsea Atlantic semisubmersible drilling rig. The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 34/10-53 S and sidetrack 34/10-53 A on the Gullfaks field.
The well is part of production license 050, and has the following geographical coordinates: N 61º 04' 04.678", E 02º 07' 00.340". The water depth at the location is 137 meters.
The activity is scheduled to start in October 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last 141 days.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)