Marathon Gets Go-Ahead to Use Songa Dee for Volund Phase 1B
Marathon has secured consent to use the Songa Dee semisub for production drilling on the Volund field for Phase 1B.
The Volund oil field lies in the northern North Sea, about eight kilometers south of Alvheim in block 24/9. The field is part of production license 150, and the licensees are Marathon (operator) and Lundin Norway AS.
The consent relates to the drilling of wells 24/9-P-3 H & 24/9-P-3 AH, as well as 24/9-P-2 H & 24/9-P-2 AY1H & 24/9-P-2 AY2H.
The earliest expected start-up date is October 21, 2009. The estimated duration of the activity is 168 days.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)