Lundin, Partners Test Positive at Luno Discovery Off Norway
RWE Dea has, together with Lundin Petroleum (Operator) and Wintershall, successfully completed production testing of the Luno field discovery well 16/1-8. The well was temporarily abandoned as a discovery well in 2007, with the objective to re-enter the well for future well testing (DST) and permanent abandonment.
The well 16/1-8 was re-entered, perforated and tested in two intervals with flow rates of up to approximately 5,700 barrels of oil per day (900 Sm3/day) through a one inch (64/64") choke. The well will be permanently plugged according to plan. The production testing operation was carried out with the Transocean Winner semisub, in a water depth of 108 meters. A second appraisal well on Luno is now being planned for in order to proceed with the field development plans.
Hugo Sandal, Managing Director of RWE Dea Norge said, "Luno is one of two discoveries that we have been part of in the last two years. These discoveries are the results of focused exploration work. We aim to bring them on-stream within the next four years, thus increasing the company’s production significantly."
PL338 was awarded in the Norwegian North Sea licensing round in 2004. Lundin Petroleum is the operator of PL338 with a 50 percent interest. Partners are Wintershall Norge ASA with 30 percent interest and RWE Dea Norge AS with 20 percent interest.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)