MMS Qualifies Rocksource to Operate in Gulf of Mexico
The United States Minerals Management Service (MMS) has qualified Rocksource Gulf of Mexico Corporation (RGOM), a wholly owned subsidiary of Rocksource ASA, to own and be designated as Operator for leases in the Gulf of Mexico.
The MMS has also awarded RGOM a further lease in the Western Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 210. This brings the total number of awards to 10 with a further 5 bids pending. Announcement on the remaining leases is expected within the next few weeks.
When the final results of lease sale 210 are known, the company will provide a full update on its Gulf of Mexico portfolio.
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)