StatoilHydro to Carry Out Modifications on Oseberg C
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to upgrade the drilling facility on Oseberg C.
The consent includes the replacement and upgrade of equipment and systems in order to achieve a higher HSE standard and regularity, and provide the foundation for robust and safe drilling until the licence period expires in 2031.
The following main activities are planned:
- Clean-up and preparing of areas and systems
- Dismantling of existing equipment and systems
- Pre-fabrication and procurement of new/modified equipment
- Testing of equipment
- Shipping and transportation
- Installation and connection work
- Operation preparations and start-up
The modifications will be carried out during two downtime periods and are scheduled for completion by the end of May 2011.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)