Maersk, OGX Encouraged by Preliminary Results in BM-S-29
OGX announced that it has indications of hydrocarbons in the well 1-MRK-2A-SPS, located in the BM-S-29 block in the shallow waters of the Santos Basin. The block is part of a concession in which OGX holds a 65% working interest, and operator Maersk Oil controls 35%.
"This evidence in Brazil's most promising basin represents an important achievement for OGX. The drilling of well 1-MRK-2A-SPS is still in progress and the gathering of additional data will be necessary to determine the significance of the shows," commented Paulo Mendonça, OGX's General Executive Officer.
The well is located in the BM-S-29 block and is situated approximately 130 kilometers off the coast of the state of São Paulo at a water depth of approximately 100 meters. The rig Sovereign Explorer, provided by Transocean, initiated the drilling activities on August 16, 2009. Once new data is available, OGX will provide further information.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: OGX more info
- AziLat Acquires OGX's Stakes in 2 Blocks Offshore Brazil (Oct 19)
- Brazil's Oleo e Gas to Cut 40% of Workforce (Jan 22)
- Brazil Regulator to Mull Revoking Block Rights of Batista Oil Company (Jan 28)