DONG Drills Successful Sidetrack at Glenlivet Gas Discovery
As a 10% partner in the DONG E&P UK operated license P1195, Faroe Petroleum has reported on the results of the side track appraisal well on the recent Glenlivet gas discovery, West of Shetland.
The side track was successfully drilled and confirmed the lateral extent of the high quality gas bearing reservoir. Based on the preliminary logging data, the results exceed the prognosed net gas column and reservoir quality.
The partnership has decided to drill a second side track appraisal well.
Glenlivet is a Palaeocene gas discovery, and the 214/30a‐2 well was drilled by the operator DONG E&P UK (80%) and partners Faroe Petroleum (10%) and First Oil Expro (10%) using the Transocean Rather semisubmersible drilling rig. The well was drilled in a water depth of 1,430 feet and reached total depth of 7,654 feet measured depth on Friday, September 11, 2009.
Graham Stewart, Chief Executive of Faroe Petroleum commented, "We are very pleased to report the successful outcome of the side track appraisal well, which has reconfirmed the presence of a significant accumulation of hydrocarbons and based on the preliminary logging data, the results exceed the prognosed net gas column and has found a better than predicted reservoir quality.
"The Glenlivet well is the first of a firm five‐well Atlantic Margin exploration drilling program which Faroe is undertaking over the coming months. On Tuesday, September 29, Faroe announced the spud of the second well in the program, operated by OMV, which will test the Tornado oil prospect, located close to BP's producing Schiehallion field. Following Tornado we are scheduled to drill three further high impact exploration wells, the Anne Marie oil prospect in the Faroes (operated by Eni), the Cardhu oil prospect in the UK (operated by BP) and the Lagavulin oil prospect in the UK (operated by Chevron)."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: DONG more info
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)