Pemex Chooses WGPC's Equipment for Onshore Fields
Wood Group Pressure Control ("WGPC") has been awarded a contract valued at US $11.2 million by Petróleos Mexicanos ("Pemex") to provide 125 wellheads and Christmas trees for onshore oil & gas fields in Southern Mexico.
The wellheads will be manufactured in WGPC's Monterrey, Mexico facility, an American Petroleum Institute ("API") 6A accredited facility. API
certification is granted to oil & gas industry manufacturers with the capability -- processes, equipment, and personnel -- to manufacture products that meet the technical requirements of the applicable API product specification(s).
The wellheads will be installed in five fields -- Comalcalco, Reforma, Cardenas, Delta de Tonala and Ciudad Pemex -- will be supported by
WGPC's Villahermosa and Poza Rica service centers.
"WGPC has a strong commitment to Pemex and Mexico," stated Scott Bender, president of Wood Group Pressure Control. "We've installed more than 150 wellhead systems for Pemex over the last five years and look forward to continuing our relationship with this strategic client."
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)