Technip Reels in Service Contract for Na Kika Tieback
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by BP Exploration and Production Company for the Isabela project in the Gulf of Mexico. The project is a subsea tieback to the Na Kika semisubmersible platform located in Mississippi Canyon, 140 miles (225 kilometers) offshore New Orleans, Louisiana, at a water depth of approximately 6,300 feet (1,920 meters).
The contract covers:
- project management,
- engineering, fabrication and installation of pipe-in-pipe flowlines, steel catenary risers and subsea equipments.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2010 using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)