Lundin to Drill Well 16/1-8 in North Sea with Transocean Winner
Lundin Norway AS has been granted consent to use the Transocean Winner semisub in the southern North Sea.
The consent applies to continuation of the exploration drilling activities on well 16/1- 8 (production testing and permanent plugging).
Exploration well 16/1-8 is part of production license 338 and is located approximately 185 kilometres west of Stavanger. The well was drilled by Bredford Dolphin in 2007, and was then temporarily abandoned.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)