Perenco Taps Fugro to Map Oil Pipeline Corridor in Peru
Fugro has received a contract award from the oil and gas exploration and development company Perenco to provide detailed topographic mapping of a proposed oil pipeline route in northern Peru. Fugro's airborne GeoSAR radar mapping system is used for the airborne data acquisition for this critical project. Delivered products will support geological interpretation, slope analysis, wetlands delineation, and pipeline routing.
In selecting Fugro for the project, Perenco cited the company's ability to meet an aggressive delivery schedule using GeoSAR. The GeoSAR system is unique in its ability to collect dual-band interferometric synthetic aperture radar (IFSAR) data through clouds and foliage for detailed terrain mapping. For this reason, GeoSAR is particularly suited for mapping regions in the Tropics and at higher latitudes.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Perenco more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)