Eni, Enel Complete Sale of SeverEnergia Stake to Gazprom
Today, Gazprom completed the acquisition of the 51% stake in SeverEnergia from Eni and Enel, in line with what was previously established by the agreements announced in April 2007 and May 2009. SeverEnergia owns 100% of Arcticgaz, Urengoil and Neftegaztechnologia. These companies own licenses for the exploration and production of hydrocarbons with overall oil and gas reserves estimated at 5 billion barrels of oil equivalent. Following the closing of the deal, Eni's shareholding decreases from 60% to 29.4%, and Enel's holding reduces from 40% to 19.6%.
Gazprom will pay approximately 1.6 billion US dollars for the 51% stake in SeverEnergia, giving Eni 940 million dollars and Enel 626.5 million dollars. Gazprom has already paid 384 million dollars (paying Eni 230.3 million and Enel 153.5 million) and will pay the second tranche by March 2010.
SeverEnergia, is now the first Russian-Italian E&P company. SeverEnergia has offices in Moscow and operations in the Yamal Nenets region (Western Siberia), which currently produces some 90% of Russian gas. As already stated in the previous agreements, the parties are committed to producing first gas by June 2011 from the Samburskoye field and reaching a production level of at least 150,000 boe per day within two years of the start of production.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Enel S.p.A. more info
- Industry Leaders: Latin America Must Safeguard Energy Investors (Jun 16)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Dragon Oil, Enel Secure 2 Exploration Blocks in Algeria (Oct 01)