Aker Aces Subsea Construction Contract for Atlantis, Thunder Horse
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with BP America Inc. to perform subsea construction activities at the operator's Atlantis and Thunder Horse fields in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Scope of work comprises planning and executing the installation of subsea hardware including manifolds, PLEMs (pipeline-end manifolds), jumpers, flying leads and related equipment. The work will be performed at water depths between 1600 meters and 2000 meters, and is scheduled to start in Q4, 2009. The project will be executed by Aker Solutions' state-of-the-art construction vessels, the BOA Sub C and BOA Deep C.
"This is an important project for Aker Solutions as it further strengthens our relationship with BP and our position within deepwater marine contracting," said Erik Wiik, president Subsea North America, Aker Solutions. "We are very pleased to be working together with BP on this project."
Contract value is undisclosed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)