Murphy Fires Up First Gas Production Offshore Sarawak
Murphy Oil announced that production commenced on September 17 from natural gas fields in Blocks SK 309 and SK 311 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. Natural gas produced from the phased development of the fields will be supplied to the PETRONAS LNG Complex in Bintulu, Sarawak.
Murphy Sarawak Oil Co., Ltd. operates the development and maintains an 85% working interest in the discovered fields with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holding the remaining 15%. The contract terms call for the development to supply 250 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (mmcfpd) for a firm period of five years, with a provision to supply up to 350 mmcfpd for an additional ten-year period.
Murphy Oil Corporation’s President and Chief Executive Officer, David M. Wood, commented, "This efficient and low-cost approach to develop a collection of smaller natural gas fields is testament to the cooperation between Murphy, our partner, PETRONAS Carigali, and PETRONAS. This long-term natural gas development will play an important role in Malaysia's production profile for many years to come."
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)