Amerisur Picks Up Ecopetrol's Interest in Platanillo Contract
Amerisur Resources announced that its Colombian subsidiary, Amerisur Exploracion Colombia, has agreed to acquire the interest of Ecopetrol SA in the Platanillo contract.
The assignment of interest has been approved by the Agencia Nacional de Hidrocarburos (ANH).
The Platanillo Field is located in the Putumayo basin, in the south of Colombia. The Company now holds a 100% working interest in the contract.
Dr. John Wardle, Amerisur´s Chief Executive Officer commented, "I am very pleased we have acquired the full working interest in this contract. Holding 100% of this block will bring immediate economic value and also gives the Company access to expanded options for the future appraisal of the field. We have now submitted the required paperwork for the award of the Exploitation Environmental License to the authorities and expect to begin commercial production before the end of this year. I look forward to informing shareholders on progress."
Giles Clarke, Chairman commented, "We are very happy to have acquired the remainder of the working interest in this block, which is an important contract for us. We look forward to what will be an important cash flow for Amerisur, which will contribute to the further development of the field and our other operations in South America. "
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)
Company: Amerisur Resources more info
- Amerisur Spuds Jaguarete-1 Well in Paraguay (Apr 22)
- Amerisur To Add Exploration License in Colombia (Oct 22)
- Seismic Operations Commence at Amerisur's Paraguay Block (Jan 30)