ASCO Aces Four Logistics Services Contracts with Oil Majors
Aberdeen headquartered oil and gas logistics specialist, ASCO, was awarded four contracts worth a combined value of approximately £30 million to provide logistics services to oil and gas operators, Mobil North Sea LLC, Total E&P UK Ltd, Chevron North Sea Limited, and Nippon Exploration and Production UK Ltd.
The contracts, two of which are for five years, one for three years and one for one well respectively, all with options to extend, are for:
- the provision of a fully managed logistics service for all of ExxonMobil's UK assets including marine, quayside and warehouse operations as well as freight forwarding services;
- the provision of warehouse, yard and quayside logistics services for Total;
- provision of shorebase services and related support services to Chevron for their UK offshore activities associated with drilling, production and logistics operations;
- provision of shorebase and marine support services in support of Nippon's drilling operations in UKCS.
ASCO has provided logistics services for Mobil for 12 years and is serviced from ASCO's supply base in Peterhead while the Total relationship has lasted for seven years and will be serviced out of Aberdeen Harbour. Chevron North Sea Limited is a new client for ASCO. The service will primarily be provided from Mearn's Quay in Aberdeen.
"The award of these contracts demonstrates our continued focus on providing an efficient, safe integrated logistics service that adds value to our customers' business in the challenging arena of the North Sea. We're very pleased to have developed long standing relationships with ExxonMobil and Total; the renewals mean that we can further evolve our services to meet their current and future operational requirements. It is an accolade to the experience and proficiency of the ASCO team throughout the UK that we are able to welcome new clients in Chevron North Sea Limited and Nippon Oil Exploration and Production UK while operating in a difficult climate," said Walter Robertson, ASCO's European managing director.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: ASCO plc more info
- Bowleven Appoints New Non-Executive Chairman (Oct 07)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Supply Contracts to Asco UK (Feb 26)
- ASCO Awarded Contract Extension from Perenco (Apr 07)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)