MPN Gets Go-Ahead for North Sea Exploration Drilling
Marathon Petroleum Norge AS (MPN) has been granted consent to carry out exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the Songa Dee semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 24/9-9 S is part of production license 340. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59 degrees 19' 40.414", E 01 degrees 50' 17.110". The water depth at the site is 120 meters.
The drilling is scheduled to start in September/October 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 36-53 days.
Songa Dee (formerly Stena Dee) is a semisubmersible drilling rig of the type "Mitsubishi MD-602". It was completed in 1984.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)