Total Collects Stake in UK's Tobermory Discovery
Total E&P UK has entered into agreements with Mobil North Sea LLC, Marathon Oil U.K., Ltd. and Anadarko North Sea Holding Company Limited to acquire a 43.75% stake in UK License No. P967, which includes the Tobermory discovery. Total E&P UK will become the operator of the license.
The Tobermory gas reservoir was discovered in 1999 by well 214/4-1. It is located in 1,600 meters of water depth and situated 175 kilometers North-West of the Shetland Isles.
This acquisition is in line with Total's strategy of developing its position in the West of Shetland basin around its Laggan and Tormore operated discoveries. The development studies for these discoveries are being finalized and new gas export infrastructure to the St. Fergus gas terminal is planned, which Tobermory could utilize.
With Tobermory, Total reaffirms its commitment to actively pursuing exploration and contributing to the development of the United Kingdom's oil and gas resources.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)