Transocean Comet Mobilizes to Well Location in Gulf of Suez
Beach Petroleum reported that the Transocean Comet jackup rig has moved onto the NS394-3 (Burtocal North) oil exploration well location (Beach 20%) in the Gulf of Suez.
The well, located 3 km north of the NS394-1, 1A oil discovery in the North Shadwan Concession, will be targeting oil in the Cretaceous Nubia Formation. NS394-3 is to be drilled to a planned depth of 3475 meters and is expected to spud by the end of this week.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)