Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya
According to Libya's National Oil Corporation, its wholly owned Arabian Gulf Oil Company has drilled the B1-NC4 New Field Wildcat well to a total depth of 10,500 feet and has announced the discovery of oil.
The B1-NC4 well is located in the Ghadames Basin, onshore Libya, approximately 190 km south of Tripoli.
The initial production testing from Lower Akakus Formation established an oil flow as follows:
|Well Name||Formation||Tested Interval (feet)||Net Pay (feet)||Choke Size (Inch)||Oil Rate (bopd)||Gas Rate (MMcfd)||Oil Gravity (API)|
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)
Company: Arabian Gulf Oil more info
- Libya AGOCO: ups Output to 290,000 bpd, Natl. Production Over 450,000 bpd (Sep 29)
- Libya's AGOCO Producing 317,000 Bpd, Brega Oil Port Still Closed (Apr 06)
- Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya (Aug 31)