Maersk Oil Taps Subsea 7 for Work at Gryphon South, Tullich Fields
Subsea 7 has secured a contract for installation of flexibles and umbilical jumpers and tie-in/testing work at Maersk Oil North Sea UK Ltd's (Maersk Oil) Gryphon South and Tullich fields, in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The Subsea 7 work scope is to install flexibles and umbilical jumpers and complete tie-in and testing of 2 wells in the Gryphon and Tullich infrastructure.
Offshore work will commence in Q4 2009 and will be performed by Subsea 7's dive support vessel (DSV), the Seven Pelican.
Subsea 7's Vice President for the UK Region, Steph McNeill commented, "The award of another contract with a leading oil and gas operator further consolidates Subsea 7's position as the Subsea Partner of Choice, and helps us maintain the activity levels of our fleet throughout the year. We look forward to the safe and successful completion of this project for Maersk."
The Gryphon and Tullich fields are tied back and produce through the Maersk Oil Gryphon Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. The Gryphon field is located in Block 9/18b and the Tullich field is located in Block 9/ 23a, 320km North East of Aberdeen.
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)