PetroChina Discovers High Gas Flow at East Sulige Field
BEIJING (Dow Jones Newswires), Aug. 20, 2009
PetroChina has discovered high gas flow at an onshore well in the east Sulige gas field, with daily output of 610,000 cubic meters, the company's parent China National Petroleum Corp. announced Thursday.
The Sulige gas field, located in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, one of the most resource-rich areas in China, produced 3.75 billion cubic meters of natural gas in 2008.
PetroChina has ambitious plans for Sulige gas development, using its own technology and in partnerships with foreign companies, such as France's Total SA and Anglo-Dutch oil major Royal Dutch Shell PLC.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: PetroChina more info
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kazakhstan To Sell 5 Bcm Of Gas To China For $1B (Oct 03)
Company: CNPC more info
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)