Drillsearch Cases and Suspends Chiton-1 as Future Oil Producer
Chiton-1 has been cased and suspended as a future Namur Sandstone oil producer. The Ensign 30 rig was released from Chiton-1 at 14:00hrs CST yesterday and is now being moved to the Marino-1 well location, 9.5 kilometers north of the Chiton field.
Marino-1 is expected to spud on or about Saturday, August 22. The well will be addressing mean recoverable oil reserves of 2.0mmbl and a P10 or high side potential of 4.4mmbl (recoverable).
Participants in Chiton-1, Marino-1 and the PEL 91 exploration license are Beach Petroleum Ltd, 40% and Drillsearch Energy Ltd, 60%.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Drillsearch Energy more info
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)