Oceaneering to Supply Umbilicals for Kizomba Satellites
Oceaneering International secured in June a contract from Esso Exploration Angola (Block 15) Limited, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, to supply umbilicals for the Kizomba Satellites development located in Block 15 offshore Angola, West Africa.
The order is for electro-hydraulic steel tube control umbilicals totaling approximately 34 kilometers (21 miles) in length and a hardwired communication link (HCL) umbilical about 15 kilometers (9.5 miles) in length. Product manufacturing is planned to be performed at the Oceaneering Multiflex facility in Panama City, Florida.
The control umbilicals will be used to transmit hydraulic control fluids, chemicals, and electrical power signals to operate and monitor subsea wells and manifolds for the development of the Mavacola and Clochas fields in Block 15. The HCL umbilical will be utilized for communication between the Kizomba A and Kizomba B Floating Production Storage and Offloading systems.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Guyana-Suriname Basin Emerges as a Hotbed of Oil, Gas Exploration (Nov 17)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)