PSA Nods ConocoPhillips' Plans to Modify Ekofisk 2/4-A
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (CoPSAS) has been granted consent to carry out major modifications on Ekofisk 2/4-A.
The consent applies to modification of the overpressure protection and depressurisation systems for production from 2/4-A.
Due to a vessel collision with 2/4-W, which caused major damage to the facility, adjacent bridges and the vessel, the pipeline from 2/4-FTP to the South Flare (SF) had to be decommissioned/removed.
The production from 2/4-A is routed through a pipeline to 2/4-FTP. Prior to the collision, excess pressure was relieved to the South Flare. As this option no longer was available, production on 2/4-A had to be shut in.
The modification work is set to commence in August 2009.
Production from 2/4-A will resume after completion of the modification work. According to CoPSAS, production can continue until 2011/2012.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)