GDF SUEZ Taps Aker Barents for Norwegian Well 6407/12-2
GDF SUEZ E&P Norge AS has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6407/12-2 in the Norwegian Sea with the Aker Barents semisub.
Well 6407/12-2 is part of production license 469, and is located approximately 70 nautical miles north of Kristiansund and approximately 10 nautical miles south of Draugen.
Licensees are GDF SUEZ E&P Norge AS (operator), Aker Exploration ASA and Discover Petroleum AS. Planned start-up is mid-September 2009. The drilling activity has an estimated duration of 30 days.
Aker Barents is a sixth generation semisubmersible drilling facility designed according to the H-6e concept for drilling operations in water depths up to 3000 meters in arctic regions.
The facility was delivered as a new construction in the second quarter of 2009, and was built by Aker Solutions at Stord shipyard in Norway. It is owned and operated by Aker Drilling with headquarters in Stavanger.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)