StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Well 25/2-17 with Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro ASA has been granted consent for exploration drilling in the northern part of the North Sea using the Ocean Vanguard semisub.
Well 25/2-17 is located on the Frigg field and belongs to production license 442. The well has the following geographic coordinates: N 59 degrees 51' 57.1", E 02 degrees 38' 50.4". The water depth at the site is 120 meters.
The start-up of the drilling activities is planned for August 2009 as soon as Ocean Vanguard has completed drilling on exploration well 6507/3-7. The activity is expected to last approximately 44 days.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)