Det Norske Lifts Share in Jetta Prospect Ahead of Drilling
Det norske has agreed to lift its stake in the PL 027D Jetta prospect from 35 percent to 47 percent by taking on a 12 percent stake from ExxonMobil, prior to drilling operations.
In return Det norske will carry ExxonMobil's 13 percent stake in the drilling operation. The Jetta prospect is located next to the producing Jotun field, and semisubmersible drilling rig Bredford Dolphin is scheduled to spud the well in mid−August. Det norske is operator for the drilling
The Jetta prospect exploration model carries many similarities to that of the Jotun field. A discovery could be produced from existing installations on the Jotun field and thus a fast track development of potential reserves is possible.
ExxonMobil is operator for PL 027D, and has received drilling permits from the authorities.
The agreement is subject to both partner and government approval.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)