Flowserve's Pumps to Boost Shell Output Offshore Sabah
Flowserve was awarded an order of approximately $8 million for pumps by Shell Malaysia Exploration & Production (Shell) to aid in the oil recovery efforts for the St. Joseph field, located in the South China Sea. The St. Joseph field comes under the North Sabah 1996 Production Sharing Contract. Shell and its co-venturer PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. are the production sharing contractors of PETRONAS (the Malaysian national oil company), with Shell being the operator.
The order was booked with Flowserve in an earlier quarter in 2009 via a Malaysian company, Enserv Sendirian Berhad. Flowserve barrel pumps will be used on this redevelopment project to inject seawater into the field to boost oil extraction.
"This is another example of the world's leading energy companies relying on Flowserve to help them increase their production capabilities," said Tom Ferguson, Flowserve Pump Division President. "Our customers are responding to increasing global demand for oil, which is driving continued infrastructure investment. Flowserve is well-equipped to meet these needs through our extensive product offerings used in the upstream business, and our service facilities located throughout the Asia Pacific region."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Flowserve Corp. more info
- Flowserve Opens Pump Manufacturing Plant in Coimbatore, India (Mar 14)
- Flowserve Clinches Contract for Shell's Malikai Oil Project off Sabah (Mar 06)
- Flowserve Unveils New IPS Beacon Condition Monitor (Jun 15)