Eni's Brazilian Unit, Vale Spy Gas Shows at Offshore BM-S-4 Block
Italian oil major Eni's Brazilian unit and mining company Vale have notified the National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, of natural gas shows encountered while drilling at an offshore block in Brazil's Santos Basin.
Traces of natural gas were identified at the 3ENI8RJS well, situated in the offshore block BM-S-4, and drilled by Diamond Offshore's Ocean Quest semisubmersible drilling rig. ANP data shows the well's target depth at 6,080 meters.
Eni Oil do Brasil S.A. is the operator with a 50% stake in the BM-S-4 block; Vale holds the remaining 50% interest.
Disclosures of any natural gas, oil or hydrocarbon finds must be filed with the ANP within 48 hours. However, such reports do not indicate commercial viability of the prospects.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)