Oil Majors Tap ProSep to Supply Proprietary Technologies
ProSep was recently awarded three contracts totaling approximately $1 million (CAD) to supply its proprietary mixing technologies for installation at BP Norge, Conoco Phillips and Maersk Oil & Gas' operations.
"Our Norwegian-developed compact mixing technology is a highly efficient patented process that improves separation of crude components such as produced water, oil and gas in the production process. As the oil and gas industry looks to enhance production and recovery in increasingly challenging environments, our lightweight and compact process solutions are gaining market recognition," said Jacques L. Drouin, President and CEO of ProSep Inc. "These applications reduce the need for chemical or wash-water consumption and provide less pressure drops, all important economical and environmental features that make this technology an attractive solution for enhancing both upstream and downstream treatment activities."
ProSep will supply a ProSalt mixer system for ConocoPhillips' Wilhelmshaven refinery on the North Sea coast of Germany, one of Europe's largest oil refineries. The ProSalt, scheduled to be delivered by the end of the fourth quarter of 2009, will be used to optimize flow conditions by improving injection and mixing of wash-water and optimizing the existing crude desalting process.
ProSep will also supply a ProScav injection mixer for the Skarv FPSO operated by BP Norge AS, the largest field currently in development offshore Norway. A second ProScav injection mixer will be supplied for the Maersk Olie og Gas AS operated HBD Platform topside and jacket Halfdan Phase IV development project in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Both units are expected to be delivered by the end of the fourth quarter of 2009 and will be used to efficiently inject and mix a scavenger chemical to optimize removal of H2S from natural gas at these offshore production facilities.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)