ExxonMobil Consortium Completes Drilling on Guarani in BM-S-22
Hess announced that the Guarani appraisal well on the BM-S-22 license in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil has been completed and no discovery notice was filed. Hess' share of the well cost will be expensed in the second quarter.
The next step is to analyze the significant amount of seismic, log and core data gathered to plan the location of a third well to help further evaluate the BM-S-22 license.
Hess holds a 40 percent interest in the license. Other participants are ExxonMobil (40 percent) and Petrobras (20 percent). ExxonMobil is operator of the license.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)