Total E&P Gets Green Light to Drill Hild Appraisal Well in North Sea
Total E&P Norge AS (Total) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the North Sea with the West Phoenix semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of appraisal well 30/4-D-1 AH on the Hild field, which is part of production license 043 with Total as operator, and Petoro AS and StatoilHydro ASA as the other licensees.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 60 degrees 30.3', E 02 degrees 2.8'.
Hild was proven in 1979 near the delimitation line to the UK Continental Shelf. The sea depth is approximately 100-120 meters. The reservoir is complicated, with gas and condensate at high temperatures and high pressure. Total took over as operator in 1990.
Start-up time will be in July 2009. The activity on Hild is expected to last 196 days, including completion and flow of the well for ten days.
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)