MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt
Leading advanced subsea and riser technology consultancy MCS has secured a contract from J P Kenny to carry out comprehensive umbilical and riser design verification analysis for BP's deepwater development off the coast of Angola.
The deal will see MCS provide services for the Plutao, Saturno, Venus and Marte fields in the Block 31 deepwater project. It is anticipated that up to 10 MCS staff will work on the activity, the first phase of which runs for three to four months.
John Conroy, CEO, said, "Winning this sub-contract represents a significant milestone for MCS. It is the first major design verification project that we have won via J P Kenny for riser and umbilical analysis.
"This award demonstrates the excellent fit of capabilities between MCS and J P Kenny and we anticipate this project will mark the beginning of a long term working relationship. We hope that there will be further opportunities for MCS as BP develops additional fields within the Angolan Block 31 development and elsewhere in the future."
An advanced subsea technology company with offices in Galway, Aberdeen, Houston, Rio, Perth, Paris and Kuala Lumpur, MCS currently employs over 200 people and provides engineering solutions including subsea integrity management, proprietary software and riser design expertise, across a wide variety of projects worldwide.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: MCS more info
- MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt (Jun 24)
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- MCS to Lead Wood Group's Advanced Subsea Technology Drive (Jun 09)