Nippon, Partners Spud Bowmore Appraisal in UK North Sea
Stratic announced that operator Nippon Oil Exploration and Production U.K. Limited commenced drilling operations on the 15/24a-J Bowmore appraisal well located in the UK Central North Sea with the Ocean Guardian semisubmersible rig on June 20, 2009. Stratic has a fifteen percent interest in the P1465 license covering blocks 15/24a, 15/23c, 15/28a and 15/29e.
The 15/24a-J well is located between the 15/24a-4 discovery well and the recently appraised Bugle accumulation to the west on contiguous block 15/23d. The well is targeting Upper Jurassic sandstones which flowed hydrocarbons at the 15/24a-4 discovery and at the Bugle accumulation. The original 15/24a-4 discovery well, drilled in 1990, flowed 11 million standard cubic feet of gas per day and 3,024 barrels of condensate per day. Operations to total depth, including wireline logging, are expected to take 45 days.
Dr. Mark Bilsland, Chief Operating Officer, commented, "We are looking forward to the results of this important first appraisal well designed to test the down-dip potential of the Bowmore accumulation. The results of this well will provide valuable information on the size and reservoir characteristics of the Bowmore discovery and assist in defining development options."
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)