Eni Taps FMC to Supply Subsea Equipment for Kitan Devt
FMC Technologies has received an award from Eni for the manufacture and supply of subsea equipment for its Kitan field development. The award has a value of approximately $60 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
Located in approximately 1,000 feet (310 m) of water in the Timor Sea, the Kitan field is situated approximately 100 miles (170 km) off the East Timor coast and 300 miles (500 km) off the Australian coast. FMC's scope of supply includes three subsea production trees and all associated control systems and umbilicals. This engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) project will be managed by FMC's Asia Pacific deepwater subsea organization. All equipment will be engineered and manufactured at FMC's operations in Singapore and Malaysia with deliveries projected to begin in 2010.
"We're pleased to support Eni with the development of the Kitan field," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems. "We value our EPC partnership with Eni and will utilize our regional presence to assist them with this project."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)