PPP Reports on Operations at Red Emperor Well Offshore Vietnam
Pan Pacific Petroleum NL ("PPP") reported that the Ca Rong Do (Red Emperor) exploration well within Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, offshore Vietnam, has been drilled to TD at a measured depth of 3,810m BRT having intersected the target intervals. The well was spudded on May 6, 2009 using the semisubmersible drilling unit Hakuryu-5.
The well encountered oil and gas shows while drilling and the results of logging with the Modular Dynamic Tester (MDT) and other wireline tools have established approximately 90m net pay comprising both oil and gas within multiple stacked reservoir layers. Operations are now under way to carry out a Drill Stem Test to evaluate the flow potential of the two most prospective oil reservoir intervals. Further work will be required to determine whether the oil and gas discovered are of potential commercial significance, and a further statement will be made when evaluation has been completed.
Block 07/03 covers 4,915 km2 in the prospective Nam Con Son Basin, and is adjacent to block12W which contains the Chim Sao and Dua Oil Fields.
Partners in the block are Premier Oil Vietnam South B.V. ("Premier"), Vietnam American Exploration Company, LLC. ("Vamex", a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pitkin Petroleum Plc), and PearlOil (Ophiolite) Ltd ("Pearl"). Upon completion of Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd's ("PPPV") farm-in obligations, the participating interests will be:
- PPPV 15% (100% wholly-owned subsidiary of PPP)
- Premier 30% (Operator)
- Vamex 40%
- Pearl 15%
The farm-in agreement is subject to Vietnamese Government approval.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Japan Drilling more info
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Rosneft Makes Discovery at Wild Orchid Gas Condensate Field Off Vietnam (Aug 12)
- India-Led Joint Expedition Finds Large Gas Hydrate Deposit in Bay of Bengal (Jul 26)
- Rosneft Spuds PLDD-1X Well in Vietnam's Nam Con Son Basin with Hakuryu-5 (Mar 09)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Pearl Oil more info
- Pearl Oil to Spud Pathum Well (Dec 11)
- Pearl Oil Spuds Anchan-1 Well (Nov 16)
- Tap Oil, Pearl Oil to Start Drilling in Gulf of Thailand Next Week (Sep 28)
Company: Vietnam American Exploration Co. (VAMEX) more info
- P&A Operations Completed at Ca Rong Do Offshore Vietnam (Jul 15)
- Plugging Operations Under Way at Ca Rong Do Discovery Well (Jul 01)
- Premier Confirms Discovery at Ca Rong Do Well Offshore Vietnam (Jun 24)