AWE Mobilizes Rig to Spud Apium North-1 in Perth Basin
AWE, on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reported that the Hovea-13 ST1 well has been completed as an oil producer. The well is expected to be flowing into the Hovea oil facility shortly. During the week, the operations started to move the drilling rig to Apium North-1, which is located between the Dongara and Xyris gas fields and approximately 4 km north of the Hovea oil field.
Apium North-1 is a gas exploration well located in Production License L1 of the North Perth Basin. The well will target the Dongara Sandstone in a fault bounded structure. The Apium North-1 well is expected to drill to a total measured depth of 2,811 meters.
Apium North is the second of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in Production License L1 are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)