Origin Eyes Kupe Start Up in Fourth Quarter
Origin, on behalf of the Kupe Joint Venture, has announced an updated schedule whereby it expects to bring the first raw gas from the Kupe field ashore, effectively commencing production, in the Fourth Quarter Calendar Year 2009.
Origin's Executive General Manager, Major Development Projects, Andrew Stock, said, "Construction of the offshore facilities wells, wellhead platform, pipeline and controls umbilical is complete, and the overall project including the Production Station near Hawera is nearing completion with testing and pre-commissioning occurring later than planned.
"Capital costs for the Kupe project remain in line with previous expectations.
"Some of the facilities are already active as part of the current pre-commissioning and the balance of facilities are being progressively readied and commissioned during coming months.
"The Kupe Gas project will make a significant contribution to securing New Zealand’s gas supply needs during the next 15-20 years.
"Kupe will meet approximately 15 percent of New Zealand's current annual gas demand and 50 percent of New Zealand's LPG demand. The project will provide in the order of 254 petajoules of natural gas, as well as 1.1 million tonnes of LPG and 14.7 million barrels of condensate.
"New Zealand and Taranaki are delivering a world class project that will provide an enduring benefit for the region," Stock concluded.
Kupe Gas Project participants are:
- Origin Energy Resources (Kupe) Limited; 50 percent (Operator)
- Genesis Energy; 31 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas Limited; 15 percent
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd.; 4 percent
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Genesis Energy more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- Genesis Buys Enterprise Offshore Pipelines for $1.5 Billion (Jul 16)