Det Norske Gets Go-Ahead to Drill 6407/2-4 Exploratory Well, Sidetrack 4 S
Det norske oljeselskap ASA has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea with the Sogna Delta semisub.
The consent relates to drilling of exploration well 6407/2-4 and sidetrack 4 S. The well is part of production license 380 and is located approximately 34 kilometers southeast of Åsgard.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 64 degrees 57' 47.4", E 7 degrees 26' 51.2". The water depth at the site is approximately 270 meters.
The nearest distance to land is 125 km to Froan (archipelago) and 154 km to Vikna (the outer side).
According to the application for consent the expected start-up is June 2009. The drilling time is estimated at 42 days for a dry well and 82 days including the sidetrack.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)