Petrobras Reports Offshore Oil, Gas Find in Potiguar Basin
Petrobras notified Brazil's National Petroleum Agency (ANP) late Tuesday of an oil and gas find in the offshore BM-POT-11 block in the Potiguar Basin.
Drilled by Petrobras V jackup to a target depth of 3,515 meters, the 1BRSA710RNS well encountered oil and gas shows; however the find does not indicate commercial viability until the exploratory well is appraised and tested.
According to state-run Petrobras, any oil company operating in Brazil must inform the ANP of any oil, gas or hydrocarbon find within 72 hours.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)