Diamond Offshore to Purchase PetroRig I from Jurong Shipyard
Sembcorp Marine's wholly-owned subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd, has accepted the bid by Diamond Offshore Services Company, a related company of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc to purchase the rig which Jurong Shipyard advertised for sale by private treaty. The sale is expected to complete by the end of June 2009.
The new build is the 10,000-foot, dynamically positioned semisubmersible offshore drilling unit PetroRig I.
Diamond Offshore President and Chief Executive Officer Larry Dickerson noted that "the transaction is in keeping with the Company's long history of opportunistic rig acquisitions. We believe there are multiple opportunities to employ this highly capable rig in our pursuit of future deepwater projects."
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc is listed in the New York Stock Exchange. It provides contract drilling services to the energy industry around the world and is a leader in deepwater drilling.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)