Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development
Saipem UK's Sonsub Division has been awarded a contract by operator Petrofac Energy Developments Ltd for subsea tie-in work at the West Don development in Block 211/18a, located approximately 150km northeast of the Shetland Islands in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The scope of work includes the installation, testing and protection of nine spool pieces and two umbilical jumpers connecting the 8" water injection, 8" oil and 3" gas lift production pipelines and umbilicals to the WI well, P2 well and subsea distribution unit (SDU) at a water depth of 172m. This will complete the subsea tie-back to the Northern Producer floating production unit (FPU) and bring the P2 production and W1 water injection wells on line.
The project will utilize Sonsub's dive support vessel Bar Protector, commencing late June / early July 2009.
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)