Venezuela Says Russian Consortium to Develop Junin 6, Not Carabobo 1
According to Reuters, Venezuela clarified Thursday that Venezuela's Official Gazette erroneously stated that a Venezuelan-Russian consortium will be developing an oil project in the Carabobo area.
In fact, the joint venture is not going to develop the Carabobo 1 central and northern blocks; rather, the companies will be developing the Junin 6 block, which has the potential to produce 200,000 barrels per day.
"This week or next a gazette should be printed with the correct block (Junin 6). Those blocks (Carabobo) are being publicly tendered," a PDVSA spokesman told Reuters.
The consortium to develop the Junin 6 block consists of state-run PDVSA, Rosneft, Gazprom, Lukoil, TNK-BP and Surgutneftegaz.
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
- Lukoil Finds Oil at Iraq Well (Feb 22)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)