ExxonMobil Begins Coring Guarani Well in BM-S-22 License
Hess confirmed today that ExxonMobil is continuing its evaluation program at the Guarani well, located on the BM-S-22 license in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil.
Guarani, also referred to as the 3ESSO4SPS well, was drilled by the West Polaris drillship to a measured depth of 5,424 meters in 2,238 meters of water and will be further evaluated with the drilling of a sidetrack and coring of the well.
Brazil's National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, released data showing the West Polaris has commenced operations at the 3ESSO4ASPS sidetrack well in 2,238 meters of water. The well is targeting a measured depth of 5,088 meters.
Earlier this year, ExxonMobil notified the ANP that it encountered oil shows on two separate occasions at its first well, Azulao (1ESSO3SPS), drilled in the BM-S-22 block. Any concessionaire operating in Brazil must notify the agency of any sign of oil, natural gas or hydrocarbons in no more than 72 hours.
The second well to be drilled in the BM-S-22 block, Guarani is operated by ExxonMobil with a 40% interest, and the remaining stakes are held by Hess (40%) and Petrobras (20%).
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)