Wintershall Kicks Off Drilling Operations at Grosbeak Prospect
Noreco has confirmed that exploration drilling on the Grosbeak prospect in Norway has started.
Drilling of the exploration well Grosbeak in PL378, 25km North of the Troll field in the North Sea has started. The well is being drilled by the rig Songa Delta, and the well is being operated by Wintershall. Results are expected in July.
The Grosbeak prospect is situated in a very interesting license in a prolific hydrocarbon province with infrastructure in place, see attached map. Noreco's resource estimate for Grosbeak is 58-103 million barrels of oil equivalents gross. Noreco has a 20% working interest in the license.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)