Technip Reels in K2 Field Expansion Contract in GOM
Technip secured a contract for the K2 field expansion project, operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in the Gulf of Mexico. Two additional wells will be tied back to the existing subsea equipment and to the Marco Polo platform with production flowlines(1). These wells are located in Green Canyon Blocks 562 and 606, at a water depth of approximately 1,200 meters (4,000 feet).
The contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- fabrication and installation of two rigid flowlines,
- design, fabrication and installation of four PLETs(2),
- installation of two free issue static umbilicals(3),
- tie-ins, pre-commissioning and survey.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled for the third quarter of 2009, using the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel.
Discovered in 1999, the K2 field is operated by Anadarko with a 42% working interest. Eni ENI holds 12.5; ConocoPhillips holds 12.5%; Ecopetrol holds 9%; Nippon Oil holds 12%; and MCX holds the remaining 12%. The K2 field commenced production in 2005.
Marco Polo TLP
Located on Green Canyon Block 608 in 1,311 meters (4,300 feet) of water, the Marco Polo TLP is the world's deepest dry tree TLP and serves as a production hub for the K2, K2 North, Marco Polo and Genghis Khan field in the Gulf of Mexico.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)