StatoilHydro Gets Green Light to Drill Appraisal, Sidetrack Wells on Asgard
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Transocean Leader semisub on the Asgard field.
The consent applies to drilling of appraisal well 6506/12-12 S and the sidetrack 6506/12-12 A. The well is part of production license 094 and has the following geographical coordinates: N 66 degrees 13' 1.198", E 06 degrees 54' 29.773". The water depth at the site is 301 meters.
The Asgard field is located on Haltenbanken, about 200 kilometers off the coast of Trøndelag and 50 kilometers south of Heidrun.
According to application for consent, start up is expected towards the end of May 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 94 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)