Det Norske Receives Permission to Drill New North Sea Wildcat in PL 383
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has awarded a drilling permit to Det norske oljeselskap ASA for wellbore 6507/3-6, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6507/3-6 will be drilled by the Bredford Dolphin semisub at position 65 degrees 47' 47.37" N and 07 degrees 55’ 16.50" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6507/3-6 applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 383, which is located to the east of the Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea. Det norske oljeselskap is the operator and has a license share of 55%. Concedo ASA and VNG Norge AS are the other licensees, with 15% and 30% stakes respectively. The area of the production license is made up of parts of blocks 6507/3 and 6508/1, and was awarded under Awards in Predefined Areas 2005 (APA 2005) in January 2006. This is the first well in this production license. A wildcat well has previously been drilled in the area included in the production license, 6507/3-2.
The area was at that time part of production license 159 and Statoil was the operator.
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: VNG more info
- VNG Norge Spuds Blink Prospect Well in Norwegian Sea (Sep 23)
- VNG Norge Discovers up to 25M Barrels in Norwegian Sea (Jul 11)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
Company: Concedo ASA more info
- UK Firms Faroe and Valiant Bag 8 Licenses in Norway (Jan 18)
- Gygrid Oil Discovery Could Extend Njord's Commercial Life (Jun 11)
- Det Norske Spuds Struten Prospect in Norwegian Sea (Jun 09)